Now I know we all love Whedon and would never speak a word again mighty Joss for fear of being staked or sent to a hell dimension but that being said I feel there were some good stories he left open ended that I always wanted closure to. Of course me being a Xander fan the story I wanted but never really got around to was a Xander Buffy confrontation from the end of season 2. 

Buffy never called Xander out on the whole soul restoration thing/kick his ass thing. Even as late as season 7 you get the idea that Buffy never got the whole picture.  Now I don't think this would have been the end of there friendship but I think it could have been a good story to have Buffy know the truth once and for all. Xander defending what he did and Buffy telling him it wasn't his place to make that choice. 

What story lines did you feel Whedon never reallly finished that you would like to see finished?

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Much appreciation!!!!!!

I, too, am glad that you dropped by, blood and peaches. That was a great post. You think it was long-you should see some of mine. :0

Just a thought and it's kind of related but I always wanted a Willy the snitch follow up or story. I love WIllie he was so sleazy but still kind of charming at the same time. I think the last time he made an appearance was Goodbye Iowa. Would have loved to know what happened to him. My bet is one of the demons finally did him in for spilling every secret he had to the slayer

This is what I just don't understand about some of the story arc of Buffy and especially Buffy and Angel/Twangel is Buffy Season 8 -

How can Joss Whedon believe this and still have presented the treatment for Buffy in S8?  I am posting this here and not in the comic talk because I feel it pertains to both the series and S8.

Excerpt from the Whedon receiving the 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award in Cultural Humanism - this is an excellent vid if you have not had a chance to see it yet - http://www.thenewhumanism.org/authors/video/articles/joss-whedon-cu...

"What stands out about Joss is his explicit integration of his value system into both his work and his activism," said Andrew Maher, vice president of the Harvard Secular Society, the undergraduate organization that co-sponsors the award along with the Humanist Chaplaincy at Harvard. As Whedon explained when asked in 2005 about his atheism, "I believe the only reality is how we treat each other. The morality comes from the absence of any grander scheme, not from the presence of any grander scheme."

I've always wondered what happened to Willy too.

About Joss and morality: I guess his work just doesn't always directly reflect his views.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Buffytube -fan site for Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Whedonverse. Vids, Photos, Fanart, Forums, Individual Members Page and Gallery.

Latest Activity

cil domney commented on spuffylover2's group James Marsters Fans
6 hours ago
cil domney left a comment for Ms Miz
23 hours ago
Nyxella is now a member of BuffyTube - Slayerise Yourself.
23 hours ago
cil domney's photo was featured
yesterday

Groups

© 2017   Created by Chris Davis.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service