For discussion of Buffy Season 11!

Views: 2228

Replies to This Discussion

Tons of Thanks for posting all the new images - Can't believe how many days I've been away - time goes so fast for me right now.  

Some very nice panels and nice drawings of Willow but I just don't care for the style this artist uses - especially for Spike.  off to read now.

I want to do a discussion regarding JW and his treatment for women in the series and the comic books - as usual, I'm late to the party but I still think it's a good topic.  Are you folks interested?

NICE - best line I've ever read on ML's style on Spike.

Stoney said:

The nose line is back and it brought the biggest eyebrows in the world with it, ha! :D

cil domney said:

NICE - best line I've ever read on ML's style on Spike.  

Stoney said:

The nose line is back and it brought the biggest eyebrows in the world with it, ha! :D

I'm thinking more of the tech company that we saw operating in the Angel comic books and that Faith worked with on the Riley rescue - sorry I can't recall the name and don't have time to look it up right now.  There is also the potential that this takes us back to the Senior Partners or the next phase of these powerful beings wanting to control trans-dimensional travel or a new way to take control of this planet.  My preference would be for a continuation of the Senior Partners or Tech Company just to have some continuity with the comic book seasons. 

But a new branch of the Initiative also works.

Double Dutchess said:

So, is anyone reminded of the Initiative, only now enhancing animals with magic and technology instead of enhancing people with demon parts and technology? Maybe the VP is Maggie Walsh' son, taking up his mother's work and bringing it up to the next level, while taking revenge against the demon world in the process.

Some pretty lame lines  - 

I guess the "adding magic" makes it beyond what the Initiative did - It will be interesting to see how they use Magic - I hope it's more than a Super Powerful Mage being forced to work for a group like the Senior Partners.  But certainly a combination of Uber Magic and Uber Tech would make a incredibly powerful partnership and weapons.  Can't quite figure out what that poor otter would do - but a horde of them is another thing. 

Not just the line; the action itself makes Spike look pretty stupid. Biting into something that is easily recognizable as metal, what's that about? 

cil domney said:

So, has anyone else read #10? All really predictable so far, from the new!Initiative to the VP (except that he is obvs NOT Maggie Walsh' son -- I forgot he would've been too old for that anyway). The most interesting part was Spike killing the new!Initiative robocop soldier on Buffy's implicit request. I wonder if that will come back to haunt him in some way.

Yes, it was pretty predictable.  I just try to reason it is mid-arc but the only thing I wasn't expecting was the cyborg guy.  I had thought the willingness to kill, or at least a sense of when it might be right to do so felt like a pointed 'thing' in the issue when I read it. It coupled alongside the notion of judging by character and actions.  So it wouldn't surprise me if something does come back from this, but not that it will necessarily be a negative thing against him as a character.  It could, as you suggest, be something that troubles him perhaps.

I'm really hoping the 'who' that is behind it all has some connection to the group to give it a bit more meaning.

So Right - I so want to discuss these comics as we once did and as we discussed the show episodes - but the comic books seem to be getting less and less interesting.  I had high hopes for this season which has not turned out as compelling as I had hope it would.  

Double Dutchess said:

Not just the line; the action itself makes Spike look pretty stupid. Biting into something that is easily recognizable as metal, what's that about? 

cil domney said:

That was one of the best sections for me as well - it was more like the earlier TV era Spike telling Buffy some unwanted but realistic info.  It was a very strong and emotionally connecting part of the issue - some of the best all season at least for me.  Thank You for pointing it out.

Double Dutchess said:

So, has anyone else read #10? All really predictable so far, from the new!Initiative to the VP (except that he is obvs NOT Maggie Walsh' son -- I forgot he would've been too old for that anyway). The most interesting part was Spike killing the new!Initiative robocop soldier on Buffy's implicit request. I wonder if that will come back to haunt him in some way.

I'm really hoping for this season to not take an "easy route" toward its completion - this series really needs to go with a very strong ending for the season.  They started out with a story that had a lot of potential both from the political real life perspective and with the personal stress for B, S & W.

Stoney said:

Yes, it was pretty predictable.  I just try to reason it is mid-arc but the only thing I wasn't expecting was the cyborg guy.  I had thought the willingness to kill, or at least a sense of when it might be right to do so felt like a pointed 'thing' in the issue when I read it. It coupled alongside the notion of judging by character and actions.  So it wouldn't surprise me if something does come back from this, but not that it will necessarily be a negative thing against him as a character.  It could, as you suggest, be something that troubles him perhaps.

I'm really hoping the 'who' that is behind it all has some connection to the group to give it a bit more meaning.

RSS

Buffytube -fan site for Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Whedonverse. Vids, Photos, Fanart, Forums, Individual Members Page and Gallery.

Latest Activity

cil domney commented on spuffylover2's group James Marsters Fans
6 hours ago
cil domney left a comment for Ms Miz
23 hours ago
Nyxella is now a member of BuffyTube - Slayerise Yourself.
23 hours ago
cil domney's photo was featured
yesterday

Groups

© 2017   Created by Chris Davis.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service